Local housing allowance backdating

This phone number is for emergencies and is available after pm and up until am on weekdays, and on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.

New rules apply from for couples claiming Housing Benefit.

From 28 July 2016 you can usually only get housing benefit for up to 4 weeks if your absence is outside of Great Britain.

Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales It does not include Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Isles *If your absence commenced before 28 July 2016 please contact us for further advice as the rules will be different.

Yn anffodus mae gennym broblemau technegol ar hyn o bryd.

Rydym wrthi'n ceisio adfer mynediad i'n gwefannau a'n systemau e-bost cyn gynted â phosibl. Gallwch gael y wybodaeth ddiweddaraf ar Twitter a Facebook Os hoffech chi siarad â rhywun gallwch ffonio ni ar 01267 234567, rydym ni ar agor o ddydd Llun hyd ddydd Gwener, am a pm.

Housing Benefit is normally only paid for the rent you pay on one home at a time.

To keep receiving Housing Benefit when not living at your property all the following must apply: If you are paid housing benefit under the temporary absence rule and there is a change in your circumstances that means you no longer intend to return to the property you are claiming for, we will stop paying benefit from the date of change.

Also if it comes to light whilst you are away that you will be away for longer than initially thought you should contact us straight away as we may have to stop paying benefit.

This can be either in your home by another person, or outside your home by a former member of your family.

We always have to consider if it is reasonable to pay Housing Benefit and we may pay for up to 52 weeks.

Leave a Reply